Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Happy News!

Today I'm grateful for babies, especially the sweet little girl variety :).  My husband's cousin just had a beautiful baby girl a couple of days ago (congratulations Gibson family!), and we found out yesterday that my sister is having a girl!  Being the oldest in my family, I have yet to be an auntie to any neices or nephews on the Elzea side, so any baby is extra special to me.  But being Mom to three boys (whom I love and wouldn't trade for any amount of girls!), I am super excited to be getting a neice! 


Have you seen this before?  I thought it was a cute idea.  To announce the findings of her ultrasound, my sister ordered a cake with filling that would correspond to boy (blue) or girl (pink).  Once we all gathered at my parents' house, we cut into the cake to find....


It was squeals of delight all around!  When my sisters found out that Jaxon was a boy they groaned - literally!  They've wanted a neice so badly, and now they get one!  I'm grateful for the happiness that little ones bring to families.  There isn't anything quite like it.

I hope your Tuesday is wonderful!  Tessa

7 comments:

  1. Oh yay!!!! Congrats to your sister and so excited for the new little girl that's on her way! I have two girls and love them to pieces :) What a cool idea for the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your family Tessa! What a super cute idea for a way to find out that the new baby will be a girl. ;)
    - April

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake is such a fantastic idea! Congrats to you and your family on all the exciting baby news! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea. It looks like a costco cake to me!! Congrats to them and you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS Auntie!!! And I loveeeeeeeeeeee that cake idea! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your sisters news!!
    I love the cake idea...fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is so so sweet and exciting! I love that cake idea!! Congrats Auntie!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!