Tuesday, November 2, 2010

STP, Scrap Rat, and A of G Day Two

Sorry, it's early and a catchy title is elusive :).  I am excited to share two projects with you today, the first of which is my layout for the new challenge over at Scrap That Poetry.


The poem is "A Red, Red Rose" by Robert Burns.  I have red roses blooming in my front yard right now and thought about documenting them, but then I remembered my great-grandmother, Rose Soto.  I called my mom, got some photos, and this layout was made.  This is my great-grandparents on their honeymoon in 1932.


I used gorgeous papers by Graphic 45, Prima butterflies, doilies cut from the Prima packaging, and vintage postage stamps and lace from Scrap Rat.  Because the photo is black and white, I loved finding vibrant colors in a vintage style to work with.


Speaking of Scrap Rat, did you see my collage frame on their blog a little bit ago?  If you know me, when I go monochromatic, it's usually yellow :).  And so I did with this:


The book pages turned into accordian flowers, the book page with the yellow flowers, the stamps, the lace trim, the tea card, and the bingo card all came from Scrap Rat.  I LOVE the vintage Bingo card, and Amanda has them in several colors!



Again, I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to see everyone playing along with my Attitude of Gratitude challenge.  And now that November has begun, I see several other people and blogs doing something similar.  I love it!  Today, I'm grateful for random acts of kindness.  Yesterday I had to run to the fabric store because an order I placed hadn't come and I was in desperate need of some lace.  While standing in line at the cut counter, the sweet lady next to me asked if I had a coupon.  I told her that I had forgotten mine and she handed me hers.  I ended up saving a good bit of money and was so touched by her kindness.  She asked me to pay it forward and I definitely will!

What are you grateful for today?  Have a good one! Tessa

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects Tessa - how treasured a photo of your great-great grandparents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your projects! I like to pass on extra coupons when I come upon them too. It makes me feel good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww! These projects are GORGEOUS Tessa! You are sooooooooo inspiring! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!