Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Stitching and St. Patrick's Day

The prompt at The Paper Variety had me calling my mom for help.  You see, I don't sew.  I love to add hand-stitching to my layouts, but I don't know how to use a machine. So, when I saw that the challenge was to add stitching to a paper project, I had an idea that required a machine, and therefore a trip to Mom's house.


I mapped out where each ribbon piece would go, then my mom simply sewed a straight stitch across the center of each one.  I didn't iron the creased ones, and the screen printed ones didn't like the sewing machine as much as the others, but I love every little wrinkle and pucker.


I hope you'll join us for this challenge :).  Also, we have some exciting news at TPV to share!  Next week's challenge reveal will also be a blog hop!  The theme is "green", perfect to get you thinking about all your St. Patrick's Day projects.  I hope you'll join in the fun.  You can see the blinkie to your right :).

Speaking of St. Patrick's Day, I have a card up on the SRM blog today.


You have to see the inside for it to make complete sense:


I wanted to do something atypical for a St. Patrick's Day greeting, and this romantic one will be going to my hubby :).

I've really appreciated the response to my Etsy-versary celebration (details here).  Today's Daily Deal is a BOGO offer.  Buy one, get one half off.  For example, buy one pair of Fabric and Felt Flowers, get the second pair half off.  Buy one paper bag album, get the second half off.  There is no coupon function for this type of sale, so please request an invoice before making payment, or make full payment and a refund will be sent within 24 hours.  Shop here :).

Thanks for stopping by today!  Enjoy your Wednesday! Tessa

4 comments:

  1. Such a lot of cuteness on your blog today! That card is really cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that layout is gorgeous Tessa!!! And the card is too cute! I'm glad you made that trip to your moms... it was totally worth it for that layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects Tessa! Loved how you stitched your ribbons on the layout. And the sentiment on your card is so sweet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to involve your mom in your layout! :) Sewing isn't too bad, practice brings the anxiety down, I don't sew on clothes! :) Your card is ADORABLE I really like the greeting and paper.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!