Friday, March 9, 2012

Designer Friday - Elise & Precocious

Happy Friday! Today I am excited to share what design team member Elise Lindsey did with the Precocious Sampler.




"Every year for my birthday I end up saving my birthday cards in a shoebox tucked away somewhere, so last year for my birthday I decided to punch a hole in my cards, make a fancy cover and leave them out on my coffee table to display them! This year, it's the big 2-1 and one of my sewing pattern petals had a 21 vintage bingo chip center-PERFECT for the cover of my cards!" I love that one of the Sewing Pattern Petals Elise received had a special significance :). Elise also made a layout:




"For this layout I disassembled the black and white chevron fabric and felt flower and layered the fabric flowers underneath my photo and the shabby twist tulle flower. The hearts at the bottom of the page were a happy accident. I punched out hearts from this patterned paper to use for a previous project and then wound up backing them with the polka dot sheer ribbon for this layout!" 




What a fabulous tip for the ribbon! And I love that Elise isn't afraid to take the flowers apart - I love that look! Last, Elise made this cute card:




Thank you, Elise, for all the inspiration! You can find the Precocious Sampler in the shop here. The For Like Ever Sampler just sold out, but I do have a good handful left of the Precocious Sampler (I made extras because I loved the colors so much!). I'm off to prepare for tomorrow's dance competition - I've got eight special little gifts to finish up and I'll share those tomorrow ;). Thanks for stopping by! Tessa

1 comment:

  1. I love those little stitched hearts. How cute. I always love your stuff :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!