Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wrap it Up Wednesday - Doilies


I love kraft wrapping paper because it is neutral. I can embellish a brown paper package with whatever materials and colors I would like. When I wrapped this birthday gift for a friend (hi Rachel!), I chose the colors and embellishments based on what I had seen her wear recently. I thought they made a fun and festive combination.


My tip for this week - doilies! I love the way the paper doilies look against the kraft wrapping paper. To attach them, I used spray adhesive. I went outside with my stack of doilies, the spray adhesive, and a big cardboard box (to catch the overspray). I held out each doily, gave it a spray, then carefully placed it on my package. I probably should have used my tweezers to hold them, but the glue washed off just fine. My spray adhesive was a little smelly, so I was sure to let the package air out a bit before giving it away.


And yes, more yarn pom-poms! They are so easy to make, not to mention cheap and cute. They were definitely the way to go for such large packages. I wrapped each piece separately and saved the pom-poms just for the top.


For a quick card/tag, I used paper from the 6 x 12 Chickadee Stack by DCWV. These new 6 x 12 stacks are great for cards. Each one has a fun decorative edge. To make Rachel's card, I trimmed a sheet down to 5.5 inches wide, then folded it over an A2-sized, white card. I trimmed off the extra patterned paper, added an SRM Stickers sentiment, and a few enamel dots. Easy-peasy, done :).

Thanks for joining me for another installment of Wrap it Up Wednesday! I hope you have a great day :). Tessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!