Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Bishop's Pumpkin Farm - DCWV

Last night we went to Bishop's Pumpkin Farm. It's a tradition that we go the first Monday night in October. The farm is a local, family-owned place where there is a huge pumpkin patch (complete with hay ride to get to the patch), a giant pumpkin patch (where we tend to take our photos), a train, animals, a corn maze, a sunflower labyrinth, mining for marbles, slides, a playground, vintage farm equipment, shopping, food...so much good stuff! Here are a few shots from last night:



Last week, I scrapped a photo from last year's outing:



This layout is based on this sketch, the October sketch challenge at DCWV:


I used a combination of the Homeroom and Pumpkin Patch Stacks. I wanted to throw in some blue and gray, so that's where Homeroom came in. Love the pretty oranges from Pumpkin Patch, though! I also used a pretty gray, textured paper from the Pebbled stack.




The washi tape is from an old Studio Calico kit. The boy and girl silhouette flair is from A Flair for Buttons. I just cannot get enough of her flair!



The corrugated people are from an old Scrapbook Circle kit. The gold leaves are by Martha Stewart. I really raided my stash for the perfect embellishments ;).





If you'd like to play along with the sketch challenge, or the color theme card challenge, you can find the details here. Tomorrow, I'll be sharing more DCWV fall goodness with a printer's tray that I put together recently. Thanks for stopping by! Tessa

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!