Friday, March 21, 2014

Hello Sweet Girl - DCWV Good Wood Stack

I love the look of wood grain. My husband built cabinets while going to school and he was always so proud of the way he cut boards to maintain continuous wood grain across a bank of drawers or cabinets. I've learned to appreciate those efforts and now think twice before deciding to paint over a piece of furniture with pretty wood grain. ;) DCWV recently came out with a new stack called Good Wood. There are several varieties of wood grain patterned papers - photo real, hand drawn, embossed, colored, etc. I pulled a few of my favorites to create this pink and wood grain layout of my little girl:


The background of my layout is a whole sheet from the stack. The flowers in the corner are embossed. I used some Heidi Swapp Color Shine to fill in some of the petals with pink.



I also used the Color Shine to dye my wood triangles. I believe I got these in a Studio Calico kit about a year ago or so. The triangles matched the triangle paper in the Good Wood stack, so I thought they were perfect embellishments. 



I used pink and wood grain sequins (Studio Calico), as well as some washi tape, mist splatters, and pink thread. Here and there I added pink bling by DCWV. The title "hello" is fussy-cut from another sheet from the Good Wood stack.



You can find the Good Wood Stack at JoAnn stores now. I'll have more DCWV on the blog Monday. We've got a blog hop with Faber-Castell coming up that you won't want to miss. Thanks for stopping by today! Tessa

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!